Sunday, October 15, 2006




Inhaling


It's coming from some untouched place. This rare, lost, but waiting to be found-place. It is tiny and passes when you blink. Just in that moment before you take a breath to say, "hello" -- it is there, living inbetween the inhale. And my mind wants to badly to catch it. But, like a hummingbird's wings, my sight can't find its stillness and my hands can't catch it in mid-flutter without killing it.

So, I'm stuck within this delicate balance of it all. Watching time reveal what it does to us all. Watching it unfold its everyday birth and decay. I'm only trying to find this delicate, quantum space in-between it all. This sweep maple smell that finds me, coming from a hundred-year-old-tree, reminding me of my own mortality.

And, the clock keeps ticking. Time --- demanding that the battery life in my watch keep up with it. It is snuggled within perpetual motion and I am but a spirit bound by the gravity within my flesh.

I find solace in knowing I breathe.
I look forward to the moments between all of my inhales --- this space where I stop time and can witness the unfolding of its consequences.
Action. Reaction.

I am alive.

1 comment:

John Ettorre said...

A beautiful image (the illustration) matched by beautiful words. It's a pretty powerful combination.