Saturday, January 14, 2006

Today I am seeing my hands for the first time.

They are fine, aging, interesting, strong and vulnerable. I paid attention to their detail. The areas around my cuticles are chipped, split, pink and slightly opened. My thumbs are decorated with small pieces of dry skin.
I slather cream on them in hopes to moisturize away their deadness --- or maybe just hide it.

But, the fact remains --- I am biting them because of some invisible deadness in me. So, I search for something within that invisibility. I swim through the abstract nuance with hopes of finding something so utterly real that I will know it when I see it.

Here, I will share my innate human desire to find meaning to it all. Everything from finger-tips to the sea will be considered in this tiny, dusty space off the access road of this internet highway.

Maybe you feel this way -- it's just that there's got to be more - more than this silly system of bureaucracy that continues to haze all of us in this sorority/fraternity of a world. Jumping through hoops of fire loses it's fun after a while.

Today I'm seeing the sea for the first time.

It is ancient ... a collective consciousness that holds the secrets of our literal world. It is a grave and a source of life. Today, when looking out upon its perpetual rippling and tempered mood swings, I don't only see a place to bathe --- I see Mercy incarnate. For, if it wanted to, it would come up from its depths and devour us into its belly.

I hope you all will join me as I swirl upward - searching for what I feel is a better place waiting to be realized.

Always,
-WomanWhoSees

No comments: